University of Adelaide Teaching Awards and Commendations
The University of Adelaide Teaching Awards and Commendations recognise the importance of learning and teaching at the University. They showcase the impact that teaching can have within the University but also beyond into the broader community. As staff we create this impact and this is an opportunity to celebrate the innovative and sustained ways that we engage our students to learn. Each year there are Award and Commendation categories for both academic and professional staff from all areas of the University.
- Commendations for the Enhancement and Innovation of Student Learning
The University of Commendations for the Enhancement and Innovation of Student Learning recognise the diverse range of activities, services and programs that contribute to student learning and engagement at the University of Adelaide, and the important role that staff from all areas of the University have in supporting us to achieve our strategic goals in learning and teaching.
Up to seven (7) Commendations of $2000 will be awarded, comprising up to five (5) Commendations in the DASE-funded Categories, and up to two (2) Commendations sponsored by the Adelaide Graduate Centre. Both individuals and teams may be nominated in any category.
The categories for DASE-funded Commendations are:
- Enhancing student learning through inquiry and research
- Developing students as global citizens
- Developing career-ready graduates
- Engaging students as partners and co-creators
- Effective and innovative use of learning technologies
- Using effective and innovative assessment and feedback practices
- Supporting students in successful transitions
- Effective and innovative use of analytics and evaluation to inform teaching practice
- Enhancing Indigenous knowledges
- Supporting diversity and implementing inclusive practices in teaching and learning
- Supporting and encouraging colleagues in their teaching
The Adelaide Graduate Centre will sponsor up to two Commendations in the category of:
- Implementing effective HDR Supervisory Practices
2019 Submission Deadline: Monday 16 September 2019
For further information, please read the Commendation Guidelines and Application Form for further details.
To assist with applications, applicants can attend the Commendation Applicant Workshops: 26 & 27 August (repeat session). Register
for a workshop
- Stephen Cole the Elder Awards for Excellence
The Stephen Cole the Elder Awards for Excellence are the University of Adelaide’s premier learning and teaching awards. They recognise the contributions made to student learning by both academic and professional staff, and reward the University’s highest achievers in teaching, support of teaching, and supervisory practices.
The Stephen Cole the Elder Awards were established through bequest made to the University of Adelaide by a descendant of Stephen Cole the Elder, pioneer South Australian colonist. The Stephen Cole the Elder Awards were first presented in 1991.
Up to four Stephen Cole the Elder Awards for Excellence will be offered in 2019, and recipients will be awarded $8000. All applications must be supported by a formal nomination. Both individuals and teams may be nominated in any category. The three categories of award are:
- Excellence in Teaching and Support for Learning
- Excellence in the Leadership, Support and Enhancement of Teaching Practice
- Excellence in HDR Supervisory Practice
It is anticipated that at least one award will be made in each of the three categories; however, the Selection Panel reserves the right to award in fewer in than three categories should the selection criteria not be met.
Nominations Due: Monday 5 August 2019
Applications Due: Monday 23 September 2019
Faculty Teaching Awards
In addition to the University awards, each Faculty offers their own teaching awards. Please contact the relevant Faculty for application guidelines and deadlines.
- Award winners 2018
- Award winners 2017
- Award winners 2016
- Award winners 2015
- Award winners 2014
- Award winners 2013
- Award winners 2012
- Award winners 2011
- Award winners 2010
- Award winners 2009
- Award winners 2008
- Award winners 2007
- Award winners 2006
- Stephen Cole the Elder Award winners 1991 - 2005
- Faculty & Industry Learning & Teaching Awards 2001-2005