Education Strategy & Teaching Excellence
The Education Strategy and Teaching Excellence team provides expertise, coordination and impact evaluation to institution-wide strategic projects in curriculum design and educational development.
The unit works closely with other units within the PVC-SL portfolio including the Learning Enhancement and Innovation unit, the Student Employability unit and the Student Retention and Success unit.
The Education Strategy and Teaching Excellence (ESTE) unit support the PVC-SL in planning and coordinating the implemenatation of the Strategy for Learning, Teaching and Assessment through the coordination of central University initiatives in reward, recognition, development and celebration of teaching.
The scope of its work includes:
- providing support to the Adelaide Education Academy executive and its members
- coordination and support of the Communities of Practice program
- coordination and support of the Peer Review of Teaching program
- recognition of teaching excellence through the management of the annual Teaching Awards and Commendations
- management and coordination of internal conferences and events in the field of learning and teaching (including the Festival of Learning and Teaching)
- design and coordination of the ADEPT program (induction and Continuing Professional Development for teaching staff)
- support for Higher Education Academy Fellowships
- providing expertise, coordination and impact evaluation to institution-wide strategic projects in curriculum design and educational development.
While all of the initiatives managed by the ESTE team broadly support the University’s current Strategy for Learning, Teaching and Assessment,some have been ongoing for a number of years whereas others are more recent innovations in support of teaching excellence.
|Name||Title||Area of responsibility|
|Rebecca Tooher||Director, Education Strategy & Teaching Excellence||Unit manager|
|Melanie Brown||Manager, Curriculum Design||Curriculum design & strategy|
|Ashleigh Allen||Evaluation Manager||Project evaluation|
|Emily Kemp||Teaching Excellence Support Officer||Communities of Practice, Adelaide Education Academy, Advance HE Fellowships, Teaching Awards scheme, Peer Review of Teaching program, Festivals and events|
|Michelle Ratzmer||Project Officer (M,T,W)||ADEPT program, Committee management|