Barr Smith South & Engineering South Level 1 upgrade
Phase 1 of the Barr Smith South teaching spaces upgrade resulted in dynamic new facilities with a unique design aesthetic.
As the most highly used student space on campus and bordered by four lecture theatres, Barr Smith South offered the greatest potential for the creation of a formal learning precinct to complement the existing informal spaces. The project also included the refurbishment of lecture theatres in Engineering South, which became the most talk about rooms on campus.
- Location: Level 1 Barr Smith South and Level 1 Engineering South, North Terrace Campus
- Completed: February 2018
- Architect: ARM Architecture
- Creation of two new 70-seat flexible teaching rooms in Barr Smith South
- New level 1 entrance connecting the Barr Smith Library and Hub Central
- Refreshed lecture theatres in Engineering South with LED lights, acoustic treatment and feature walls
- Stylish breakout areas and informal learning spaces
- Improved circulation and accessibility