The old Holden Laboratory and part of the original Engineering Workshop were refurbished to create a contemporary workshop and ‘maker-space’ for hands-on learning.
The new facility supports active and group-based learning and teaching, creates opportunities for cross-disciplinary and cross-faulty collaboration, and enhances the student experience.
- Location: Ground floor, Engineering South, North Terrace Campus
- Size: 570 m2
- Cost: $2.6 million
- Completed: February 2019
- Architect: Woods Bagot
- Creation of flexible interdisciplinary facilities to support events and a variety of learning environments
- New Engineering student workshop with meeting and breakout spaces
- Additional lockers and storage
- Upgraded audio-visual equipment