Under-used spaces on the North Terrace campus will be transformed to accommodate new Allied Health programs in 2021.
Major refurbishment is underway in multiple buildings on the North Terrace campus to construct specialised facilities and teaching spaces that support new physiotherapy, speech pathology and occupational therapy programs.
New facilities will include:
- Rehabilitation gym and physiotherapy practical space on level 1, Hughes (completed February 2021)
- Physiotherapy practical space and storage area on level 2, Helen Mayo North (completed February 2021)
- Staff work spaces on level 4, Engineering Maths Sciences (completed August 2021)
- Additional specialist physiotherapy teaching spaces on level 1, Helen Mayo North (completed April 2022)
- General teaching and learning support areas, including lecture theatres and other flat-floor spaces
- Common areas designed to support cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Specialised storage areas
- Indigenous focus interior graphics
Stage 3 of the project is expected to be completed in February 2023.
Greg Badger, Project Manager.