The South Australian ImmunoGENomics Cancer Institute (SAiGENCI) will be established in the heart of the Adelaide biomedical precinct to consolidate and grow excellence in cancer discovery, diagnosis and treatment.
SAiGENCI will allow for coordinated collaboration in the fight to control cancer and explore a cure, by attracting and retaining brilliant biomedical and clinical researchers. The Institute was jointly funded by the Federal Department of Health, Central Adelaide Local Health Network and the University of Adelaide.
Read more about SAiGENCI.
Levels 6, 8 and 9 of the Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences building are being refurbished to replace the existing office space with a state-of-the-art research facility.
The works will include creation of a Tissue Culture lab, enclosed labs and open labs.
Level 6 & 8 Progress
- Level 8 exhaust commissioning results did not meet design parameters. Investigating pressure gauge set up and a variation has been issued.
- Draft O&M manuals resubmission received and returned with comments.
- Modifications to two quiet rooms and office underway
Level 9 Progress
- Cool room ramp and timber flooring completed
- First fix services in wall completed
- Cool room panels installation at 95%
- Overhead first fix services (elec, comms, mechanical pipework, security, medical gases) at 95%
- Ductwork installation at 95%
- Fume cupboard flues completed on level 9 and roof at 90%
- Lining of partitions at 95%
- T-bar ceiling installation at 35%
- Aluminium and glazing at 55%
- Comms room at 50%
- General Joinery in fabrication (kickers installed)
- First coat painting started
- Carpentry works started
- Electrical 2nd fix - light fittings and service ducts installation progressing
- Floor prepping commenced
Expected completion is July 2022.
Simon Fenwick, Project Manager.