Databases Available to Alumni Library Members
Alumni library membership includes a great range of online resources available from your desktop, with a large range of online journals, eBooks, magazines and newspapers on offer.
- Academic Search Alumni - covers 3000 journals in most areas of the sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
- Business Source Alumni - covers 6200 journals and 1,700 ebooks in marketing, management, accounting, finance, econometrics, economics, and more.
- Annual Reviews - review articles in many areas of academic enquiry.
- AustLit - an authoritative database about Australian literature and storytelling, with biographical and bibliographical information, full text, exhibitions and rich online content.
- CSIRO Journals - important Australian research reports in agriculture, biological, and health sciences
- CSIRO eBook Collection - covers a wide range of disciplines including plant and animal sciences, farming, urban development, and environmental management.
- PressReader - Cover-to-cover online presentation of the print versions of over 1100 newspapers from around the world. Backfile is 30 days.
- Project MUSE - over 300 top humanities and social sciences journals from US university presses.
- Proquest Central Alumni - this comprehensive database features a highly-respected, diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. PLEASE NOTE: There are currently access issues with this database. The Library is investigating.
- PubMed - comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites. Alumni membership provides selective access to content only.
- OECD iLibrary - includes books, journals, series, working papers and databases. Subjects include the general economy, agriculture, science, future studies, and the environment.
- Sage Complete - more than 1000 journals spanning the humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and medicine. More than 400 are published on behalf of learned societies and institutions.
Please note: some journals have publisher-imposed embargo periods.