Use your University ID card or library membership card to borrow books and other items. You can:
- Borrow the item yourself using any of the self-service machines located at each library, or
- Take the item to the nearest Ask Library service point.
When you borrow an item you can choose to have a loan receipt emailed to you. To see what you have out on loan, login to MyLibrary.
The library uses dynamic loan periods: while each item has a standard loan period, this may be changed should another library member request the item. If an item you have borrowed is requested by another library member, the loan period is shortened to 1 week (you will receive an SMS and email to let you know the new due date). The good news? Should you need an item that is out on loan you can request it and get access to it sooner.
All standard loans are also automatically renewed. This means you will not need to return the item by its original due date unless you receive an SMS saying the due date has shortened. Items will automatically renew up to five times, but please keep an eye on your MyLibrary account.
University of Adelaide staff and students (up to 50 items at a time):
|Item type||Standard loan period*|
|Main collection and books in storage||10 weeks|
|DVDs, CDs and kits||10 weeks|
|Bound journals||1 week|
|High Use Collection items||3 hours or overnight|
*All items (with the exception of High Use Collection items) will automatically renew unless requested by another library member.
Library members who are not University of Adelaide staff members or students will have different borrowing privileges. View the membership pages for more information.
Let us find the item you need and deliver it to the campus library of your choice. You can:
- Request an item in the University Library collection be delivered to the library location of your choice (this includes items on loan to another library member, items that are held in storage and items that are currently on the shelf at any library location). Learn more...
- Request an item that is not available in the library using the interlibrary loans service. Learn more...
You can check the status of your requests by logging into MyLibrary.
Most books and other library items are automatically renewed unless another library member has requested the item. To find out when you need to return your books simply login to MyLibrary. You will usually receive an SMS or email to let you know when a book needs to be returned.
The library will send you a notification via SMS and email if there are any changes to items you have requested or borrowed.
These notices include:
- If the due date changes for any reason, ie requested by another user, needed for the High Use Collection.
- If a loan cannot be renewed. Eligible loans are automatically renewed two days before the due date.
- If a non-renewable item has not been returned by its due date.
- Once an item is very overdue we will notify you that you're about to be invoiced.
- Once a month you will be emailed a Borrowing Activity Statement, which is a full record of all your current loans and their due dates.
- Request available notices are sent to you via SMS when a mobile number is registered in your staff or student record. University staff who wish to receive SMS notifications should register their mobile number in SSO.
- No penalties apply for the return of slightly overdue items. However, if you fail to return these overdue items, you will be invoiced for the replacement cost of the item.
- Invoice timing varies, with High Use items being invoiced very quickly. You will also be blocked from borrowing for one week if you fail to return one of these items.
- If you are experiencing problems with returning your items on time, please contact Ask Library.
Borrowing at other university libraries
Many Australian and New Zealand university libraries will let University of Adelaide staff and students borrow from their collections. Some, but not all, may charge a small fee to register. To register you will need to contact and apply directly to the host library.