Barr Smith Library level 1 opens July 23
The University Library will officially open the doors to the highly anticipated new Barr Smith Library level 1 on Monday July 23.
The new level 1 is home to the relocated Music Collection and two new curated collections, and features a range of bright modern study spaces.
The new level 1 is the first significant refurbishment of the Barr Smith Library in many years, and showcases some of the best in current library design. Highlights of the space include:
- A new Ask Library service point in the heart of level 1.
- The relocated Music Collection.
- The new East Asian Collection and Yaitya Ngutupira.
- A new entrance into the Barr Smith Library from the teaching spaces in Barr Smith South, providing enhanced connectivity across campus.
- Over 200 new study spaces, including computers and power points.
It is an exciting time for the library as we open this bright, modern space that will provide a great new study environment for students. We look forward to welcoming you into the new level 1 on Monday July 23.