The University Library, along with Researcher Training Series, presents this session on the referencing software, EndNote.
This is a hands-on session designed to give you the essential skills to use EndNote for your research and writing. No prior knowledge of EndNote is assumed.
On completion you should be able to build an EndNote library manually or by direct export from databases; have an introduction to managing their library, use Cite While You Write to insert citations into a Word document and edit those citations. The session will cover the following topics:
- Starting an EndNote (EN) Library.
- Entering references manually into a Library.
- Introduction to using styles provided with EN.
- Exporting references from a database into an EN Library.
- Finding full text.
- Attaching files.
- Introduction to managing your references: Groups, Searching, Sorting.
- Using EN with Word to insert an in-text citation into a word document and produce a bibliography.
- Editing citations – adding page numbers, excluding author and/or year.
- Creating an independent bibliography from an EN Library.
- Saving an EN Library.
- Getting help.
When: Wednesday 19 September 2018 at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Where: Oliphant 213, North Terrace Campus