- Scamming is on the rise - don't get caught!
- Keep your eye to the horizon (regulation of Drones)
- I'll just email that to you (use of University email account)
- Do I need a Disclaimer or a Waiver?
- Sage Advice for the Silly Season
- Privacy Matters
- Mind your Fees & Qs
- Notifiable Event Reporting - On time, every time
- Clinical Trials and Human Studies Insurance
- Workplace Bullying Laws- new Fair Work orders
- Liquor Licensing, Alcohol Management and the University
- Employees versus Independent Contractors: why it's important to know the difference
- Travel Insurance - why you need it and how to make sure you are covered
- Our new website - updated resources and improved functionality
- 2014 Education and Training Program
- Copyright on Images
- Introducing the Legal and Risk team
- Certified Copies, Statutory Declarations and Affidavits: Who can sign or witness?
- Screening DVD's in the classroom
- Justice of the Peace: What do they do?
- Governing the University: How much do you know?
- University-affiliated facebook pages
- Insurance for Independent Contract Lecturers
- Compliance Education material
- Can you record a meeting on an i-pad or mobile phone?
- Copyright reminders for the new academic year
- 2013 Education & Awareness sessions
- Requests to verify academic qualifications
- Protection of the University's cultural heritage
- Records Management:– what documents you need to keep; how records should be saved; what can be disposed of; and how records disposal should occur
- A new Privacy Act for South Australia
- Standard Form Contracts now available for use by University staff
- Poison Posts and Facebook liability:- Who is liable if user content on a business Facebook page breaches an industry code? (article by Fox Tucker Lawyers)
- Gifts from students and protection and preservation of academic integrity
- Employees v Independent Contractors - why it's important to know the difference
- TEQSA: is it just another acronym, or something that could affect us all?
- Legal & Risk survey results: we asked you what you thought of us, now we'll tell you what we’ve learned
- Can the University be held liable for users' internet piracy?
- Is it ok to 'fix up' a signed contract?
- Business Names, Domain Names and Trademarks
- Smoking Bans - New local council powers
- Scamming the University: The frauds and potential scams to look out for
- Personal Legal Advice and why Legal & Risk cannot provide it to staff or students
- Insurance for students on overseas work placements
- Who is Legal & Risk and what do we do
- Information on the University website: Are we inadvertently giving the wrong impression?
- Lapsed domain names and why it pays to properly renew
- 2012 Insurance Policy Guides
- Legal & Risk Education and Awareness Program: How we can help you this year
- Legal Compliance Framework: a reflection on the past 18 months
- Commonwealth v. State powers: why do we have both?
- Universities and risk exposure from internet use (article by Minter Ellison)
- IT Acceptable Use and Security Policy
- New online resources
- Police access to student records
- Saving and storing legal documents
- The new University Risk Matrix
- Insurance Declarations - what do you have to declare?
- Searching the University website - what you won't find
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Facing up to Facebook: the legal and risk implications of using social networking sites
- Student Placement Agreements: ensuring our students are insured
- Mobile Phone disposal: protect your data
- ARI or Legal & Risk? Where you should send your contract
- Australia’s new consumer protection laws
- Compliance Matters – what to do when a third party or regulator becomes involved
- Email Etiquette – Top 5 dos and don’ts
- Trade Marks update – Can Apple register “APP STORE” as a Trade Mark? (article by Kelly & Co)
- 2010 wrap-up of legal, risk, compliance and insurance activities
- What's in store for 2011
- Competitions, raffles and prize-winning draws; running a lottery at the University
- The “due diligence” defence: when you need one and how to ensure you have one
- Professional indemnity insurance: for when the experts get it wrong
- New Legal & Risk resources
- 2011 insurance renewal process: our duty of disclosure and your part to play
- Icode: the code to improve cybersecurity
- Introducing the new University Risk Register (URR)
- Hold Harmless Clauses - Don't sign them!
- Misrepresentation 101
- Insurance for "high risk" travel destinations
- Goodbye Trade Practices Act... Hello Competition & Consumer Act
- Whistleblower Protection
- Introducing the Contract Management website
- SPAM: Avoid it if you can
- New Legal & Risk resources
- Fraud Control online course
- ORM, BCM, ERM... It's all Risk Management
- Online defamation: the How To Not Do It guide
- The benefits of using a Contract Register
- Copyright issues for online distribution of teaching materials
- Avoid a coffee-pot fire hazard
- ISO 31000-2001; the New Standard for Risk Management
- Privacy perils and the world of Web 2.0 technology
- Risk Management at the University
- A guide to orchestrating great meetings
- 2010 Fraud Induction for staff
- Avoiding Disability Discrimination at the University
- Legal Compliance Project review
- ESOS Act Amendments; How the University is involved
- Environment Protection 101
- Keeping up with changes to legislation: How do we do it? How can we help you?
- FOI Applications
- "Copyright for Marketing Slogans" (article by Kelly & Co)
- New compliance education material
- Understanding Student work experience insurance
- "Student Access to Marking Guides" (article by JWS)
- Trade Practices Act 101
- Cartel Conduct: What is it and where could the cartel conduct leave you?
- The benefits of University travel insurance
- Points to consider if undertaking activities outside the University
- Copyright 101
- Changes to the Privacy Act
- Research Grants
- Ensuring our Insurance: Duty of Disclosure and Adverse Event Reporting
- Representing the University
- New Policies Explained (Legal Compliance, Contracts & Agreements, Risk Management)
- "Privacy Protection & Security Breaches: Are YOU doing the right thing?" (article by JWS)
- Who is Legal & Risk?
- Legal Eagles - what we do and how we can help you
- Major Projects for Legal & Risk in 2009
- Contracts v. Deeds v. Memorandums Of Understanding. . . Are they the same thing?
- "Defamation; To Kill a Mocking Word" (article by JWS)
- University Travel Insurance: We've got you covered