Publish open resources
Do you want to contribute to open educational practice by publishing your own open textbook? Or perhaps you’d like to adapt an existing open textbook to make it more relevant to your students?
The Library can facilitate academic authors wanting to publish an open textbook on the Pressbooks platform.
We will only facilitate open textbook publishing for resources being created for use in a current, or future, University of Adelaide course. Priority will be given to proposed projects intended to replace current textbooks that are expensive or restrictive for students to access.
While the academic author will lead and coordinate the planning, design, creation, and quality control of their open textbook project, the Library must provide final publishing approval to make the textbook public on Pressbooks and reserves the right to reject a publishing request if the textbook does not meet certain minimum requirements, including:
- evidence of copyright compliance.
- appropriate academic referencing.
- meeting accessibility guidelines.
- having gone through peer review.
If you are interested in publishing an open textbook, email the Library's Academic Liaison team. A member of the team will then organise a meeting with you to discuss your project idea. Please include the following information in your email:
- A summary of your idea for an open textbook.
- What University of Adelaide course the textbook is intended to be used in.
- If it's intended to replace a current textbook, let us know what textbook it will be replacing.