Gale Discovery Day, Thursday 5 September
Drop in and learn about the library's range of Gale products and see how they can help your learning, teaching or research efforts at the Gale Discovery Day.
No bookings required! Simply drop in and have a chat to the Gale experts. Gale partner with a variety of leading organisations to digitally scan primary source materials from original documents, in some cases from archives that are difficult to access.
You can find out more about:
- Digital Scholar Lab (a text and data mining research environment)
- The optical character recognition technology behind Gale's fully text searchable archives.
- Opportunities for cross-searching between multiple archives.
- Functionality such as topic finder (linking you to other closely associated documents) and term frequency (lets you explore the usage of a term over time).
- Tips and tricks for using any of the 39 Gale databases and research products available via the library.
No registration required, just drop in to speak with a member of the Gale team.
Date: Thursday 5 September
Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Venue: Ira Raymond Room, Barr Smith Library.
The Gale Discovery Day is open to all University of Adelaide students, researchers, and faculty.