What Can I Study?

We offer a broad range of Postgraduate Coursework degrees, in a range of disciplines and specialisations. The programs cater for increasing industry and business requirements for career development and qualifications upgrading.

Find your degree

Many of our programs are unique nationally and globally. You can search all of our degrees using our Degree Finder.

Postgraduate student
Postgraduate coursework

Read our Postgraduate Coursework Prospectus and find information on specific postgraduate coursework programs and admission requirements.

There are a number of different types of Postgraduate Coursework qualifications available.

Masters by Coursework

Duration: Full-time, 1 to 2 years

A Masters by Coursework degree is defined as a program of study that has a coursework component of two thirds or more. It provides the opportunity to master a specific field of study or professional practice through a combination of coursework and research.

Graduate Diploma

Duration: 1 year or Graduate Certificate, 1/2 year

Graduate Diplomas and Certificates are coursework awards offered by many areas in the University. They may provide a professional qualification or they may be of an introductory nature, providing a pathway for further studies in a particular area.

Professional Certificate

Duration: 1/2 year

Professional Certificates are short academic degrees available in many specialist disciplines that may articulate with other awards. The qualification covers a wide range of specialised needs ranging from initial and ongoing professional development to preparation for further postgraduate study.

Postgraduate degrees within the same discipline area are often nested (or articulated), enabling a seamless progression from one qualification to the next.

For example, if you complete a Graduate Certificate, you may receive full credit for that qualification toward the appropriate Graduate Diploma.

Or, if you enrol in a Master's but do not complete that degree - but do complete the nested Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma - you may exit with the lower degree.