Societal Wellbeing Careers
Societal wellbeing is interested in the quality of life in our community. From economic growth to the design of housing and liveable cities. Quality education. Fairness and equity in our law and social policies. Ensuring that we can all live and progress in diverse, socially connected communities.
A University of Adelaide degree can help you contribute to the wellbeing of society across a broad range of fields. We are the top ranked university in South Australia for law, arts and humanities. We’re in the world top 100 for veterinary sciences, accounting and finance, philosophy and anthropology. The only university with a QS ranking for veterinary sciences. Our MBA is ranked 2nd in Australia by AFR Boss Magazine.
Explore careers and courses
Find a career that will see you working towards a better society and work out the degree to get you there.
- Architect or planner
Plan and design buildings, landscapes and urban spaces. Be employed as an architect, conservation consultant, construction manager or urban planner.
- Community development officer
Work in areas such as psychology, rehabilitation and social work. They help clients with counselling issues, leading and organising group activities. May be employed in child and adult support agencies or community health centres.
Work on policy of a country’s foreign policy and trade interests.
Conduct research and analysis on behalf of government, banks, insurance companies, trade unions, private consulting firms.
- Lawyer / solicitor / barrister
Represent people in courts of law, plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
- Ministerial adviser
Work closely with government ministers, researching, providing advice and writing speeches.
Skilled in the health, disease and care of all animals. Accredited to practice animal surgery and medicine. Employment may be found in veterinary practices, universities, and the biosecurity and aquaculture industries.
- Welfare officer / counsellor
Field workers, community health workers, counsellors, policy managers. Working for government, councils, hospitals, health centres, community groups and private practice.
Monitor the health status and behaviours of animals in their care. Employed in zoos and wildlife parks, they care for animals, look after zoo exhibits and equipment.
Consider a world-class masters program:
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Agribusiness
- Master of Business Law
- Master of Education
- Master of Advanced Economics
- Master of Applied Economics
- Master of Finance
- Master of Finance and Business Economics
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Health Economics and Policy
- Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Master of International Management
- Master of International Trade and Development
- Master of Laws
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Media (Strategic Communication)
- Master of Planning
- Master of Planning (Urban Design)
- Master of Planning (Urban Design) with Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Property
- Master of Teaching (Middle and Secondary)