Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change Careers
Ensuring we identify, develop and implement solutions to improve the health of our environment and sustain our climate is a priority for every country in the world.
You will be better prepared to change the direction of our planet’s climate problems with a qualification from South Australia’s no.1 university for sciences. Our degrees will equip you for a career solving complex environmental problems.
Explore careers and courses
Pave your way into a career in environment, sustainability and climate change. Search for career options and the University of Adelaide degrees that will get you there.
Climate responsive building design. Designing smarter buildings that take into account thermal energy management and regional weather patterns.
- Coastal engineer
Coastal Engineers protect sensitive coastal environments through the design of harbours, jetties, wharves and sea walls. Allowing the use of these areas for shipping, infrastructure and recreational use.
Earth is home to 7 billion people — and we’re careless. Businesses dump waste into oceans. Loggers cut down precious forests. Animal species die out. Conservationists protect/preserve natural resources from depletion, destruction and/or extinction.
- Environmental project officer
Preserve the natural world for future generations by developing and implementing strategy and systems for environmental management and sustainability.
- Marine biologist
Work across the globe to manage marine populations, and develop long-term programs for monitoring environmental pollution.
- Parks management
Park rangers promote the awareness, understanding and appreciation of the natural and cultural features of parks, as well as advising of park rules and regulations.
Environmental policy stops this from happening: rainforest protections, national parks, fishing guidelines, wildlife sanctuaries. Environmental policy maker’s problem-solve and protect. They stand between the environment and processes that exploit it.
Advance your career in environment, sustainability and climate change industries with a well-recognised postgraduate qualification from SA’s #1 university:
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Policy and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Science
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Civil and Environmental)
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Policy and Management
- Graduate Diploma in Science
- Master of Agribusiness
- Master of Architecture with Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Engineering (Civil and Environmental)
- Master of Environmental Policy and Management
- Master of Global Food and Agricultural Business
- Master of Planning
- Master of Planning (Urban Design)
- Master of Planning (Urban Design) with Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Science
- Professional Certificate in Environmental Policy and Management