Additional external support services provide you with access to hotlines, emergency numbers and counselling.
You can talk to someone about:
- Family life and relationships
- Domestic/family violence, sexual assault and safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Accommodation and housing
- Financial security and independence
- Women's groups and events
- Education, training and career paths
Women’s Safety Services SA (WSSSA) support women and their children who are living with or escaping domestic or family violence. WSSSA provides a range of programs and assistance. Please call 1800 800 098 if you require support. If you need information or to get in touch, please call 08 8152 9200.
Need help in your language
Are you seeking information in your language? Call 1800 RESPECT for free advice in your language. 131 450 provides you with an interpreter service or read the entire website in your preferred language.
Police/Emergency - Dial 000 or 106 for speech or hearing impairment. Stay focuses, stay relevant, stay on the line.
- Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
- Is your life or property being threatened?
- Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
- Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme SA: https://www.police.sa.gov.au/your-safety/dvds
Confidential information, counselling and support service. 1800RESPECT will continue to operate as per usual during the COVID-19 health emergency. This service is open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse.
Provides support to people suffering from trauma through assault, violence, or as the result of a flood, fire or accident, in childhood or as an adult. Trauma is very common, it affects us all.
If you need crisis support, Lifeline Adelaide is available 24/7 on 13 11 14, via text on 0477 13 11 14 from 5.30pm – 11.30pm each night, or via online chat from 6.30pm – 11.30pm each night.
Provides many Family and Domestic Violence support services for women and men.
- COVID-19 and supporting healthy relationships in Australia - https://www.relationships.org.au/news/blog/covid-19-and-supporting-healthy-relationships-in-australia
- Relationships Australia - South Australia - https://www.rasa.org.au/services/post-separation/support-services/
Abuse can take different forms, including physical, emotional, verbal, financial or sexual. If you experience this in your relationship, Uniting Communities can support you.
If you are homeless or at risk of being homeless, call the Homelessness Gateway Service on 1800 003 308 (free call from any phone) for support with referrals to a specialist service. You can also submit an enquiry online if you do not need immediate support.
A domestic Family Violence counselling service. Yarrow Place is a rape and sexual assault service for anyone who has been sexually assaulted.