HR Processing Timelines
Human Resources (HR) transactions that are prompted by an action arising in a local area within the University are entered into the HR system as soon as possible after receipt of completed and duly authorised documentation.
The following cut off dates ensure that priority is assigned to documentation that is received on time and in completed form in order that payment associated with that transaction can be facilitated on time.
The following types of transactions are processed according to the following standards:
- New Appointments – All new continuing and fixed term appointments will be generated within 5 working days of receipt of complete and approved appointment request via the Recruitment System.
- Renewal of Fixed-term Contracts - All renewals of fixed-term contracts are administered through Contract Review and Administration for Fixed Term (CRAFT).
- Casual Contracts - Online contracts can be created through Staff Services Online (SSO) any time before the contract commencement date.
- Casual Payment Claim Forms - All casual contracts and timesheets must be administered through Casual Automated Payment System (CAPS). Refer to cut-off dates and timesheet timeframes.
- Other transactions that impact on payroll are included in a pay run only where the completed documentation in respect of these transactions reaches Human Resources one fortnight prior to the pay day in which they are to take effect.
- Early Payroll Submission Deadlines - During certain times of the year, timeframes may be compressed to ensure processing can be finalised in the lead up to public holidays and University closedown days. Please refer to Human Resources news for updates.
Payroll processing deadlines 2020
Pay day Payroll cut-off (Friday 5pm) 03/01/2020 20/12/2019 17/01/2020 03/01/2020 31/01/2020 17/01/2020 14/02/2020 31/01/2020 28/02/2020 14/02/2020 13/03/2020 28/02/2020 27/03/2020 13/03/2020 10/04/2020 27/03/2020 24/04/2020 09/04/2020 08/05/2020 24/04/2020 22/05/2020 08/05/2020 05/06/2020 22/05/2020 19/06/2020 05/06/2020 03/07/2020 19/06/2020 17/07/2020 03/07/2020 31/07/2020 17/07/2020 14/08/2020 31/07/2020 28/08/2020 14/08/2020 11/09/2020 28/08/2020 25/09/2020 11/09/2020 09/10/2020 25/09/2020 23/10/2020 09/10/2020 06/11/2020 23/10/2020 20/11/2020 TBA 04/12/2020 TBA 18/12/2020 TBA 01/01/2021 TBA