As an employee of the University, you are entitled to change your nominated superannuation fund and make voluntary contributions to your superannuation. This is available to continuing, fixed-term and casual staff via Staff Services Online (SSO).

Entitlements vary depending on the nature of your employment. Please refer to the frequently asked questions below to determine what entitlements apply to you.

The University provides the ability for staff to change superannuation details in accordance with the Treasury Laws Amendment (Your Superannuation, Your Choice) Act 2020. Before requesting a change to your superannuation contributions please consider the following;

· It is the responsibility of anyone considering superannuation changes to seek their own financial advice if required.

· Changing your superannuation details with the University will not change any previous contributions to superannuation funds. It will be your responsibility to consolidate your superannuation if required.

· The University does not create new superannuation accounts on behalf of employees, it is your responsibility to do this and ensure accounts are active before changing your fund details with the University.

New Staff

When you accept your online offer of employment, you will be prompted to elect your preferred super fund by completed the online form. 

If you do not elect a valid super fund, the university will hold your payment for one pay, this will enable the University to:

  1. Located your stapled account if you have one, or
  2. Set you up with our default super fund, Unisuper

A stapled account is an existing super account which is linked or stapled to an individual so that it follows them as they change employers.

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will provide details of an existing super account, when requested by University of Adelaide if you do not provide a valid fund when onboarding.

By logging into your myGov account you can view what super find the ATO has registered for you.

Existing Staff

You can update/change your super fund via SSO.  Note that the fund must be an approved super fund or self managed fund.

Contributing to your Super

You can make regular additional payments to your super fund either pre-tax (salary sacrifice) or post-tax. For further information on pre or post tax contributions speak with your financial advisor or superannuation fund directly.

Changes to your superannuation can be actioned via SSO.

UniSuper DBD members: Please use the following forms to change your contributions:

1) to change your default member contributions 

2) To make additional voluntary contributions