Wellbeing is the ability to feel good and function effectively in all aspects of our lives.
Wellbeing at the University of Adelaide
We thrive when we consistently feel and function well and are able to effectively manage the stresses and challenges that we encounter. However an individual’s wellbeing, whether physical or psychological, can fluctuate from time to time.
As such wellbeing can be considered along a continuum from poor to good. Even when we would normally rate our wellbeing highly we may find that some days we may feel depleted and tired, leading to frustration and not achieving what we want to do. Yet other days we are energetic, our physical health is good, our mental health is positive. This puts us in a good frame of mind and we able to achieve all that we want.
With this in mind, the Workplace Wellbeing Framework aims to build staff wellbeing so we all have more times feeling well and flourishing. However it is acknowledged that staff will have different health and wellbeing needs which are impacted by age, gender, ability, culture, family, work and illness. The University of Adelaide will provide staff access to information, training and assistance to build wellbeing and includes both mental and physical health.
The Workplace Wellbeing Framework is:
- Respectful of staff needs and requirements
- Developed with integrity and collegiality to deliver a framework that meets individual staff needs
- Committed to deliver quality activities and information that will assist in the further development of staff wellbeing
- Consulted with staff to further explore approaches for future wellbeing learning activities
Note that not all activities and information may be suitable or needed by you at this time. However consider that these activities and information are part of your wellbeing pantry, you take out what you need for now. Try out different ideas. Let go of the ones that do not assist you and keep on with the ones that help. It is up to you what you try!
Wellbeing calendar of activities
Human Resources have a number of resources and events available free to all fixed term, casual and continuing staff.
Wellbeing at the University of Adelaide
Flu vaccination program
Influenza vaccinations 2022
On-site vaccination clinics for 2022 have now concluded.
On-site clinics were held on the dates below:
Thursday 19th May
9.30 am - 5.00 pm
Woolhouse Library, Study room 1 (2.21)
Friday 20th May
9.00 am – 1.00 pm
College Hall, G3 School Council Room
Thursday 26 May
9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Union House, Level 4, WP Rogers Room
Thursday 2 June
1.00 pm – 5.00 pm
4 North Tce, Level 4 , Interview Room
North Terrace Wednesday 15 June from 9.00am Union House, Level 4, WP Rogers Room
BUPA corporate health plan
The University of Adelaide has worked together with Bupa to offer staff health cover with fantastic corporate benefits.
New member offer - up to $800 off
Winter’s nearly over and it’s time to get into the spring of things. For singles, couples or families, that could mean something totally different.
Put a spring in your team’s step
If you join between 1 August–14 September 2022, you could get up to $800 off*^ on eligible combined Hospital and Extras products. Not only that, but you'll also get monthly ongoing discounts on Corporate Health Cover.
- Book a phone consultation to discuss this offer.
Existing BUPA members
If you would like to discuss or review your existing BUPA cover, contact BUPA on 134 135 or email CoverReview@bupa.com.au and quote the new Group ID no: 2111529.
- If you’re aged 18-29, you are entitled to receive an age-based discount on your domestic hospital cover. The discount is calculated at 2% for each year you’re aged under 30, when you first purchase domestic hospital cover.
- If you need hospitalisation, the excess will be paid by Bupa to the hospital on your behalf on selected Hospital and packaged covers with $250 Excess.
- Pay nothing for your kids on most dental, physio, chiro, podiatry consultations and selected optical packages at Members First providers (up to yearly limits).
- A 6% discount on your health cover.
Not a member of the BUPA Corporate Health Plan?
All staff, including casual staff, are eligible to join the BUPA Corporate Health Plan. If you wish to consider the benefits of the plan you can contact BUPA:
Other BUPA information
University health and wellbeing activities
To see other ways the HSW team supports your health and wellbeing please visit the wellbeing activities page.
Please contact the Central HSW Workplace Wellbeing Specialist