The University aims to provide a wellbeing framework which:
- identifies the areas of our work environment where there are opportunities to promote healthy choices;
- encourages and enables active participation;
- supports and educates our staff; and
- includes a range of programs which will benefit our health, wellbeing and the quality of our working life.
Wellbeing at the University of Adelaide
BUPA corporate health plan
The University of Adelaide has worked together with BUPA to offer staff health cover with fantastic corporate benefits.
Covid19 – Update from BUPA
In what is currently very unusual times we hope that you, your family and your teams are keeping safe and well.
Please be assured BUPA is still available to continue to support your health and wellbeing
- There is some information here to help guide them during these confusing times, and for those facing financial hardships.
- Bupa has also delayed the annual premium increase by another six months to provide further relief. You can stay up to date on the actions we are taking via Bupa’s newsroom.
- To deal with anxiety and mental health, we are also offering our members up to 100% back on a range of confidential, self-paced online therapy courses.
- Please check the attached pdf & link – This Way Up
Get in touch
Our call centre is currently experiencing higher than normal call volumes and wait times with regards to members current policies or requesting information around their product coverage. As a valued partner of BUPA, University of Adelaide employees can access the following options to talk to a BUPA consultant.
Existing BUPA members
If you would like to discuss or review your existing BUPA cover please contact BUPA on 134 135 or email CoverReview@bupa.com.au and quote the new Group ID no: 2111529.
- $100 Visa credit when you refer a colleague to Bupa.
- If you need hospitalisation, the excess will be paid by Bupa to the hospital on your behalf on selected Hospital and packaged covers with $250 Excess.*
- Pay nothing for your kids on most dental, physio, chiro, podiatry consultations and selected optical packages at Members First providers (up to yearly limits).**
- If you’re aged 18-29, you are entitled to receive an age-based discount on your domestic hospital cover. The discount is calculated at 2% for each year you’re aged under 30, when you first purchase domestic hospital cover. More information.
- A 6% discount on your health cover +.
Not a member of the BUPA Corporate Health Plan?
All staff, including casual staff, and staff of controlled entities are eligible to join the BUPA Corporate Health Plan. If you wish to consider the benefits of the plan you can contact BUPA:
Other BUPA information
Website: Bupa Corporate Health Plan
University health and wellbeing activities
To see other ways the HSW team supports your health and wellbeing please visit the wellbeing activities page.
Disability - information for staff
A range of resources have been developed by the University of Adelaide to support staff with a disability.
- Disability Action Plan (2014 - 2019)
- Disability Action Plan Progress Report as at August 2018
- Disability FAQs
Further information for staff supporting students with a disability
Please refer to Student Life Disability Support webpage.
Mental health toolkit for supervisors
The mental health toolkit for supervisors can be found on the Supervisor Toolkit webpage.
The aim of this toolkit is to provide supervisors with some practical guidance on how to support a staff member who may need assistance with coping at work.
Quit smoking support
Support for staff
Wellbeing events, activities and resources
The University of Adelaide provides a variety of innovative wellbeing initiatives and activities. A catalogue of health tips can be accessed to provide information on optimising your wellbeing.
13 Aug The Australasian University Health Challenge is a health focused initiative for staff and students across Australia and New Zealand. 06 Jul We can't control what happens to us, but we can choose how we respond. 05 Jun 08 May
The Australasian University Health Challenge is a health focused initiative for staff and students across Australia and New Zealand.
We can't control what happens to us, but we can choose how we respond.
Please contact your local HSW Team.