Joint Sector Position Statement - Gender Equity
The University of Adelaide is proud to participate in the Joint Sector Position Statement reinforcing our commitment to continuing our pursuit for Gender Equity during Covid-19
Joint Sector Position Statement
As participating institutions, we acknowledge the gendered effects of COVID-19 and commit to:
1. Actively seek equal representation of women in COVID-19 response planning and decision-making as per the recommendations of the United Nations.
2. Formally monitor and report on gender equity impacts of COVID-19 related decision making (including compounding intersectional factors) within our own institutions and collaborate with other universities and sector partners to address emerging issues.
3. Continue our participation in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN initiative (as relevant).
4. Maintain gender equity and diversity programs and Key Performance Indicators for gender equity and diversity where they currently exist.
5. Preserve the gender equity progress which has been made to date and into which has been invested significant time, effort and resourcing over many years, by maintaining:
- women’s representation at senior academic levels D and E
- women’s representation at senior professional staff levels 10+
- support for the progression of women as students, higher degree researchers, and early-mid career researchers
- support for gender equity for those studying and working in ‘nontraditional’ disciplines such as Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine.