Energy, Mining and Resources
These critical sectors underpin all areas of society - from powering our cities and vehicles, to the smartphones in our pockets.
Australia's only university teaching mine automation
Through our Institute for Sustainability, Energy and Resources, the University of Adelaide has led Australia in the development of fully integrated, AI-driven resource value chains. We're helping many energy, mining and resources companies incorporate or enhance self-learning extraction-and-processing control systems to extract greater value from increasingly complex resources - faster, safer and at lower cost. And we can pass that knowledge on to you. Our recent industry experience includes collaborating with:
- BHP, OZ Minerals and others on mining and processing control platforms
- Boart Longyear, a global drilling giant, to allow generation of geological information in close to real time, directly at the drill site
- Orica, an Australia-based multinational commercial explosives and blasting systems specialist, to apply digitally integrated AI to their blast models.
Full-spectrum energy expertise
We also have significant, proven expertise in all areas of the energy sector, with experience advising on - and leading - projects relating to:
- optimal power system and resources planning, modelling and operation
- renewable energy generation and hybrid systems
- energy storage, including advanced batteries and underground hydrogen
- critical minerals, advanced energy materials and catalysts
- microgrids and electric vehicles infrastructure.
We're highly capable in the areas of environmental sustainability and social licence. And again, we can pass on all this knowledge to you.
Employment growth for the majority of energy, mining and resources roles range broadly from moderate to very strong†, with STEM jobs predicted to grow nearly twice as fast as other occupations**.
*Academic Ranking of World Universities by Subject, 2021
^QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022
39 matching degrees found
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Mineral Geoscience)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Chemical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical and Electronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mining)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Petroleum)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Petroleum) with major
- Bachelor of Engineering(Honours)(Environmental and Climate Solutions)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Aerospace)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Chemical)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Civil & Environmental)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Civil & Structural)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Electrical)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Electronic)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Mechatronic)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Mining)
- Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Materials Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
Masters by Coursework
- Master of Engineering (Aerospace)
- Master of Engineering (Chemical)
- Master of Engineering (Civil & Structural)
- Master of Engineering (Civil and Environmental)
- Master of Engineering (Electrical)
- Master of Engineering (Electronic)
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Master of Engineering (Mechatronic)
- Master of Engineering (Mining)
- Master of Materials Engineering
- Master of Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science (Petroleum Geoscience)
Masters by Research
Doctorate by Research
University can be a daunting experience, especially as a female enrolling in a male dominated degree. Moving from country South Australia made my initial University experience even more stressful.
By involving myself in various University societies and volunteering opportunities, as well as part-time work, I soon became comfortable with my new student-city lifestyle. By stepping out of my comfort zone, I have had an amazing University experience and I will finish my degree with lifelong friendships, an outstanding education and a fantastic graduate opportunity.