Revised FAQs - Hot work
The information on the Hot work FAQ has been revised.
The purpose of this Information sheet is to provide guidance to meet the requirements of the University’s Hazard Management chapter, Code of Practice for Welding processes and Australian Standard 1674.1 “Safety in welding and allied processes”.
The information includes:
- What is hot-work;
- Requirements for welding workshops (welding booths)
- What need to be done before performing hot-work activities
- The potential hazards to be considered when completing a risk assessment
- Information, instruction and training requirements
- Responsibilities of the Responsible officer and Firewatcher where required
- A Hot-work permit to work template
Should you require further information please contact the HSW Team.