Adelaide Graduate Centre Induction program
The Adelaide Graduate Centre provides an online induction program for higher degree by research students. Online induction enables all research students to be inducted at the very beginning of their research program, regardless of their research location.
The induction provides a valuable introduction to life as a research student at the University of Adelaide, and is intended to complement your school level induction program. The induction will introduce you to a range of topics and services including:
- the roles of the Adelaide Graduate Centre and your supervisors
- the timeframe for your completion of academic milestones and your program
- research conduct (e.g. authorship, data management, IP and ethics)
- changing your candidature conditions (e.g. leave, upgrades, transfers and attendance status)
- the professional development opportunities available to you
- student services on campus (e.g. library, IT, counselling and disability)
- keeping your research on track and what to do when things go wrong
- the role of the education welfare officers (EWOs) and the Adelaide University Union (AUU).
At the end of the Induction you will be asked to complete a quiz on what you have learned. After you have completed the quiz with a pass mark of 100%, Graduate Centre staff will record your completion of the induction milestone.
You must complete the online induction within one month of commencing your research degree. Completion is a compulsory requirement of your candidature and is a prerequisite for the completion of the core component of the structured program.
Access to the Postgraduate Research Induction is via self-enrolment. You will be directed to the MyUni login page where you will need to enter your University login credentials. You will then see “Enrol in Course” appear on your homepage. Click “Enrol in Course”. You will have the option to begin the course or go to your dashboard where you will see the Induction now listed. You require a score of 10/10 on the quiz to complete the Induction successfully.
Staff and External Supervisors who wish to view the information being provided to their students, can access a web version of the online induction (staff only access).