Prior to initiating an application for a new honorary title, please ensure that you have:
- Considered the nature and the extent of your intended involvement in the academic work of the University.
- A current CV which includes qualifications, relevant teaching and/or research experience, a list of publications (as applicable) and contact details of at least three referees.
- Read and accepted the University Policies for Conferring Honorary Roles, the Behaviour & Conduct Policy, Fraud and Corruption Control Policy, Intellectual Property Policy and Conflict of Interest clause.
- If applicable:
- Access to the email address used by you during your current or previous association with the University. If the University has a record of that address, an email will be sent containing further information to simplify the application process.
- The details of any other title held in this or another University (Title, Title End Date, Faculty/School, University and Country).
- Your APHRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) Registration details, if applying for a Clinical Title.
- The details of your current Organisation and the Position Held at that organisation as per the Approved Organisations register, if applying for an Affiliate Title.
- A Working with children check (DCSI) and/or Police check (SAPOL), if applying for an honorary title which is a prescribed position. For more information refer to the Pre-Employment Screening Procedure.
Guidelines for the application of the Criteria for Conferral of Honorary Clinical Titles - Health and Medical Sciences only
The criteria has been developed as a guide which may be used by the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences when considering conferral, re-conferral or renewal of an honorary clinical title
In particular the criteria provides guidance on the level of experience and seniority, typical duties and contributions to the University approximately equivalent to the academic levels A –E and title name (Clinical Titles only). Whilst it is expected that the criteria will be used as a guide, conferral decisions are, as always at the discretion of the decision maker.
Should you have questions about in relation to this document, you should contact the HR Service Centre, or the Faculty’s HR Hub to discuss.
Please note that current staff members working more than 0.5 FTE are not eligible to apply for a title.
Please allow 10 to 15 min to complete an application. If you are unable to complete it in one session, the application will need to be initiated again