Revised FAQs – Understanding Safety Data Sheets (SDS) - V3.0
The information on the Chemical Safety Management Handbook – Understanding SDS has been revised.
The purpose of this FAQ is to guide workers and supervisors in the general understanding of Safety Data Sheets and assist you to meet the requirements of the Chemical Safety Management handbook chapter.
The information includes:
- What an SDS is
- When you need to use an SDS
- The hazard information included in a SDS
- What information needs to be provided by the supervisor to workers and the requirements for records
- Requirements for printed copies and/or electronic versions
- Where to obtain a current SDS
- When an SDS prepared overseas can be used
- Additional resources
Should you require further information please contact the HSW Team.