Family and Domestic Violence

The University of Adelaide is committed to the health, wellbeing and safety of it's community. Support options are available for all staff experiencing family and domestic violence.

Family and domestic violence leave

Entitlement under National Employment Standards apply.
Understand what entitlements are available to you. 

How to apply for leave

You can apply for Family and domestic violence leave through SSO, by selecting 'Special Leave' and then 'Family and Domestic Violence' or by a timesheet for casual staff.

Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

The University of Adelaide support staff and their families by providing access to two EAP service providers, offering you a choice of providers and locations across Adelaide.

Family Friendly Employer

The University offers many family friendly initiatives. Access the Family-friendly leave and Flexible work arrangements pages for more information.

Information for managers

Responding to family and domestic violence, your legal responsibilities and support for managers.

External services

Additional external support services provide you with access to hotlines, emergency numbers and counselling.

Health Practice

Adelaide Unicare manages the activities and operations of primary health care medical practices to provide quality patient care.


If you require additional safety on campus please contact security for a number of services including after-hours escort and emergency phones on campus.